Life at PLG:
- Tom Perkins has more than 20 years of experience as a lawyer in Indiana.
- He advises private-sector clients on entity formation and structure, strategic contracting, litigation, real estate transactions, zoning matters and risk mitigation.
- He helps municipalities and public sector clients with APRA compliance, procurements, and planning.
Life before PLG:
- Tom served as Contracts Counsel at INPRS, the Indiana Public Retirement System, where his duties included negotiating both investment and procurement contracts, drafting and implementing personnel policies, and participating in information security matters.
- He began his career in private practice, then moved to the Office of the Attorney General and later served as Assistant City Attorney for the city of Carmel, Indiana.
- He returned to private practice, including two years at Frost Brown Todd LLC, a major Midwestern law firm, where he represented private companies and public entities in litigation and contract negotiation.
- Tom earned his law degree from Indiana University Law School – Indianapolis (now the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law) in 1995.
Life beyond PLG:
- Tom has published articles on new legislation, cyber security, and appellate opinions, and presented at seminars on topics including the death penalty, digital technology integration, municipal contracting, and ethics.
- He has taught Criminal Law and Procedure to several Marion County Sheriff’s Department recruit classes.
- Tom studied Russian, graduating from Indiana University-Bloomington in 1991 with a double major in Political Science and Slavic Languages.